2012年11月14日水曜日

1st piece: My memory of trip to Dubai

    This summer, I went to Dubai for sightseeing with my mother and my brother. The reason we choose Dubai is just curiosity. My mother and I want go to the middle East and because of off‐season, we can travel with cheaper cost. Later on, we knew why it is not popular to go sightseeing in the season through my own experience…

  When is the best season for traveling Dubai? The answer is from October to April! The average atmosphere temperature is about 26℃ and you can pass comfortably. On the other hand, in off-season (from May to September), it is very very HOT and DAMP! On the hotter day, in July and August, outside air temperature exceeds 50℃ and also humidity is 100%. I went there in the beginning of August, and it was TOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!! I didn’t want to take a walk so, we use taxi. Only take away. We couldn’t have a lunch and cannot drink a drop of water in public. X( Crazy!

 Stating my honest impressions, Dubai is not so much developed country. There are many buildings which is on constraction and except for the erea near metrostation, sandy place is spreaded out.  When I went to Burj khalifa(The tallest building in the world), I thought that the night view from there must be not so good. You might see very small light.

I introduce the spot I thought it was good to visit.


    SKI DUBAI
 It is the artificial ski resort. Suprisingly, it is in the mall of the emirates and we can enjoy skiing even if it is boilling hot day.  We can rental skis, ski boots, ski poles and ski wear, so we traveler can enjoy skiing easily. However, only glove we cannot borrow, so don't forget to bring them!
    When we went there, there were less than 10 people. We could have a good time skiing without resistant. Taking that is is in the shopping mall into considerration, I thought it was so broad.


Desert Safari
    It takes about half an hour from the city to go to desert. We were picked up at hotel and left for desert by 4 WDs driven by professional Desert Safari Guide. The drive at desert was sooo exciting! The driver drove excessibily on purpose. How many times I thought this car might be overturned... I think some of participants must have had car sickness. And we could have a good time to ride a camel and henna tatoo.:)




Wild Wadi Water Park
    Wild Wadi is an outdoor water park with a heated/cooled wave pool, multiple water slides and two artificial surfing machines. I have never ride such exciting water sliders! There is a tunnel in which I couldn't see anything and it was very thrilling! There are water slides which 2,3,4 peoples can enjoy together, so I think coulples, friends, families can enjoy them.




Souk
 There are some souks in Dubai. The popular one is gold souk. Some shops make specially designed necklace like Arabian name  of ours.  However, except for them,  I think Japanese don't like the design of gold and jewelry  because it is too gorgeous. What I bought at gold souk were souvenir of camel's accessory cases. There are many kinds of that  compared with other souk. And at other souk, I bought sand art, pashimina for souvenir.
 Because the price at souk is cheaper than air port or shopping mall, I recommend you to buy souvenir at souk. However, don't relax your guard! As you know, Japanese are considered to be rich and easy target. Actually ,every shop clerk spoke to us friendly like "Japanese? Konnichiwa~", and several times I was wound with their recommend pashimina...

 The trip to Dubai was very interesting. And it was a good experience to know Islam culture like Ramadan. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿